Bergshav Management AS aims at being distinctive in the pursuit and attainment of health, safety and environmental performance through development, maintenance and effective implementation of our Safety & Environment Management System.
Our goals are as follows:
- No accidents
- No harm to people
- No damage to the environment
Hence, our pledge is to demonstrate respect for the natural environment and to work to achieve our goals. To this end we commit ourselves to:-
- Develop and implement rational systems and programs for planning, operation, management and environmental performance and handling emergencies should they occur. Assess all identified risks to the ships, personnel & enviornment so as to establish appropriate safeguards.
- Develop and implement Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (HSEQ) Management System in order to maintain a high level of safety and environmental awareness within the organisation, thereby:
- Preventing human injury, loss of life and property & damage to the environment;
- Ensuring safe practices and routines and review of same;
- Complying with applicable international and national conventions, mandatory rules & regulations to ensure that applicable regulations under the ISM Code & IMO, from applicable Flag State Authorities, incl. relevant Flag States’ Offshore Standards, Coastguards and Guidelines, Port States, as well as guidelines and standards recommended by Classification Societies, Official Bodies & Authorities, and Maritime Industry Organisations are taken into account.
- Implement and maintain a documented SMS in compliance with the ISM Code and the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 standards.
- Operate and maintain the vessels at a standard of safety and environmental compliance in accordance with those requirements.
- Motivate Senior Officer and Managers always to lead by example in safety-related issues.
- Motivate employees, vendors and subcontractors by stressing the importance of safety, quality and environment at all levels within the Company and to participate in achieving the Company’s objectives.
- Ensure safety & quality by employing personnel with relevant education and training.
- Make provisions for relevant upgrading and training.
- Plan and execute regular reviews and audits of the Safety & Environment Management System to ensure that it serves its purpose and that the required adjustments are implemented.